Both water and energy are limited resources that must be protected not only for our children but for us too! The time has come that we can no longer take these deceivingly ubiquitous assets for granted. We must address waste and misuse at every opportunity and begin to change some of our long-held beliefs on how to do all the things we have to do, like cleaning textiles.
Green Laundry is an idea whose time has come and one that demands great attention. The term Green Laundry is applied to a philosophy of textile care that focuses on reducing the total environmental impact of traditional laundry operations.
It is not commonly known, but textile care operations around the World consume an enormous amount of water and energy every day. The textile care industry is one of the largest, perpetual consumers of fresh, drinking water and energy on the Planet.
The primary reasons for converting to a Green Laundry are to save money and to help save the Planet. Laundry 365 has developed and evolved Green Laundry concepts, including Ozone-based disinfection to address a growing crisis in the textile care industry, a crisis of potentially epic proportions.
Historically, laundries have been huge consumers of limited resources. Today’s market price of those resources reflects their scarcity and demand. Traditional laundering methods require an enormous amount of water and energy to clean the mountains of linen used around the World every day. Most people aren't even aware of the magnitude of the problem. A typical laundry uses a tremendous amount of energy and an average of 3 gallons of water for every single pound of linens processed. This resource-intensive process has pretty much escaped the ire of environmentally-conscious groups because it’s just a ‘dirty little secret’ you can’t do anything about. Well, that’s not exactly true anymore.
Laundry 365 believe the environment has to be a major consideration in business. Laundry365 are committed to reducing the impact of day to day operations on the environment.
- Laundry 365s fleet of vehicles are compact and fuel efficient, and routes are planned to optimise efficiency
- Laundry 365 recommend commercial and industrial laundry equipment that is designed to be energy-efficient.
- Laundry 365 Commercial and Industrial Laundry Equipment, Infection Control Systesm and Ware Washing Equipment is sourced from Europe.
- Laundry 365 limit the use of all paper products to a minimum. The majority of our correspondence is set up to make the most of the internet and other electronic communications. All information and product specifications are available in Adobe *.pdf, and Word *.doc,* .docx formats.
- All Laundry 365 supplied Commercial and Industrial Laundry Equipment, Infection Control Systems and Warewashing Equipment is designed for ease of recycling at the end of working life.
Note: Laundry 365 embrace the 'green laundry' concept.